We take your privacy very seriously and we ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal data, your rights in relation to your personal data and how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Heaton Financial Independent Financial Advisers Ltd collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal data about you. When we do so we are required to comply with the data protection regime in the UK, together with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018).
Please refer to the following for further clarification.
- What information do we collect from you?
- How will we use the information we collect about you?
- Who might we share this information with?
- How long do we keep hold of your information?
- What are your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you?
- Changes to our Data Privacy Notice
- How to contact us
What information do we collect from you?
The information we collect, hold and process about you comes from the way you engage with us:
- By filling in any forms or applications when you request any products or services,
- Through your communications with us, including post, email, telephone, in person or by any other means, and
- From the way you use the financial products you hold or take out with us
We may also receive information about you from third parties who provide services to you or us, and research, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
The information we collect from you or receive from any of the third parties listed above may include:
- Your name, address, email address, phone number and other contact information
- Financial information about your assets, liabilities and the products you have invested in
- Details of any payments you make or receive
- Information about your health
The Data Protection Law sets apart certain personal information as special categories, e.g. racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, physical or mental health, sexual life.
We will process these special categories of your personal information only with your explicit consent or where we have other legal grounds to do so when it will help us fulfil our obligations to you. If at any time you wish us to stop processing these special categories of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details below.
How will we use the information we collect about you?
We use the personal information you provide us in a number of ways including:
- To provide you with products and services and to service your portfolio(s)
- To develop new products and services
- To offer new investment products
- To inform you of other products and services by email, telephone, letter and other digital methods unless you ask us not to
- For security, identity verification and training purposes
- To communicate with you
- To comply with the law and regulations
- To prepare research and statistical reports
We will monitor telephone conversations or other communications between you and us. We use these transcripts to:
- To check your instructions to us
- To analyse, assess and improve our services to you
- For training and quality purposes
- To help us investigate any complaint you may make
- As evidence in any dispute or anticipated dispute between you and us
If you change your mind about how you wish us to contact you or no longer wish to receive this information or our marketing communications, you can let us know by using the contact details below.
We would, from time to time, like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. You may decline to receive these at the point when we collect your personal information. If you have previously consented to receiving such communications, you may opt out of receiving this information at any point by contacting us using the details below.
Who might we share this information with?
We will keep your personal information confidential, but we may share it with:
- Our service providers
- Third parties providing services to you
- Law enforcement agencies and other authorities to comply with legal obligations
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We only hold your personal information for as long as we require it to provide you with the services you have asked for or for as long as we are legally required to do so. Once we no longer need your personal information, we will securely destroy it.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you?
You have legal rights under data protection regulation regarding your personal data. If you wish to request to exercise any of these rights or if you would like further information please contact us using the contact details below.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you in a written format, free of charge.
You also have the right, at no cost, to require us, and any third parties who we have shared your personal information with, to correct any inaccuracies in your personal information. In order for us to do so, you must inform us of any changes to your personal information so that we can keep it up to date.
In some cases, you have the right to restrict or suppress further use of your personal information. When you have exercised this right, we can still store your personal information but may not use it further unless you provide your consent for us to do so or as otherwise permitted by law.
You have the right to have the personal information we hold about you erased in certain circumstances unless it prevents us from carrying out the services you have requested or prevents us from meeting our legal obligations. We may not be able to provide our products and services to you if you ask us to erase your personal information.
You have certain rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different organisations for example, if you wish to move to a new financial services provider.
You have the right to lodge a complaint about how we collect, process and store your personal data, with us in writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Heaton Financial Independent Financial Advisers Ltd, 6 Waring Bowen Court, Mill Road, Exeter, EX2 6LY
Our supervisory authority: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Changes to our Data Privacy Notice
We keep our Data Privacy Notice under regular review and we will update this document from time to time. This Data Privacy Notice was last updated in May 2018.
How to contact us
To discuss anything in this notice please contact: The Data Protection Officer, Heaton Financial Independent Financial Advisers Ltd, 6 Waring Bowen Court, Mill Road, Exeter, EX2 6LY.